Study Tasmania International Student Ambassador Program
What is the role?
The International Student Ambassador Program is a volunteer opportunity for international students to be a representative for Study Tasmania, help other international students and promote Tasmania as study destination.
The benefits of being a Student Ambassador
- Additional skills outside of your studies that can help with confidence building, communication, collaboration, and leadership.
- Mentoring and networking opportunities.
- Help with activities that enhance other international students’ experiences in the state.
- The opportunity to be involved in student activities, citizenship ceremonies and personal development workshops.
Expectation of the role
- Attendance at an induction program for this role.
- Attendance at scheduled activities or events.
- Volunteers are encouraged to share their experience in Tasmania with their respective networks.
- Volunteers are encouraged to actively share their experiences on their social media.
- Volunteers are encouraged to be involved with video and photography projects.
- Volunteers are encouraged to be involved with an online peer-to-peer student advice platform to help aspiring students learn more about Tasmania.
- On average, one event per month during the year depending on the student’s availability and interest.
- Each activity is typically between one and two hours in duration.
- Events will usually be within the Hobart or Launceston areas.
What we are looking for in our ambassadors?
- A willingness to participate actively in the community.
- An interest in promoting international relations and promoting Tasmania as a study destination.
- The confidence to speak at public events.
- A good level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Students will be selected for their understanding of the issues faced by the international students, their networks with other students as well as their cultural understanding and linguistic skills.
Who can apply?
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must be an international student until December 2022.
- Students must have lived in Tasmania for at least six months before participating in the program.
How to apply and key dates
To apply, please complete the web form by Monday, 1 November 2021.
If you have any queries, please contact Study Tasmania at Study.Tasmania@stategrowth.tas.gov.au
If you are successful in getting shortlisted for an interview, you will be contacted by Tuesday, 9 November 2021.