Welcome this area has been designed as a guide to help you understand the educational opportunities available to your clients.
Information sheets/fact sheets type of content that is simple, succinct and brief should be developed on content that is similar to the subject matter below.
- Tasmania, Australia’s island state, has a population of approximately 500 000 and is actually an archipelago of 300 smaller islands which sit 250km (150 miles) south of the Australian mainland. While it is an island accessibility is easy via 1-2hour flights from Melbourne and Sydney and a ferry services that operates out of Melbourne. Most visitors have found that it’s easier to get to Tasmania than to get across Melbourne and Sydney in rush hour traffic.
- Climate – same info as in the climate section or can go direct to that page
Info graphic map of Tasmania showing Hobart, Launceston, Burnie and Devonport
- There are four major cities on the island that offer educational opportunities for national and international students, Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie.
Hobart the southern capital of Tasmania is one of Australia’s oldest cities and consequently boasts some of the oldest and most well renowned educational institutions in Australia. Launceston, Devonport and Burnie are in Northern Tasmania and offer prospective students opportunities borne from studying in smaller, more supportive communities.
- Because the cities are smaller and safe there is a culture to walk ever where, however, there is also a great public transport systems that offer concessions for student travellers.
Education opportunities fact sheets
- Secondary – independent
- University degrees – all sorts
- Vocational training -
Institution fact sheets
- Secondary – independent institutions
Steps for approaching the institutions
Steps for obtaining a study VISA
Essential guides – same guides as for the students – just providing two opportunities for the Agents to see them and get to them.