Study Tasmania is a Tasmanian Government initiative, aimed at providing international students information on the full range of courses available in Australia’s island state.
Funded by the Minister for Education’s roundtable on international education, Study Tasmania undertakes a range of activities to promote the state across the globe and ensure that all international students are safe and secure once they arrive in Tasmania.
Examples of activities that Study Tasmania undertakes are:
- Conducting welcome events for all international students in Tasmania
- Hosting annual international student awards (across multiple categories)
- Hosting education agent familiarisation tours to enable registered and professional representatives to promote Tasmanian education
- Attending education exhibitions around the globe so that we can speak directly with students and parents about Tasmanian education
- Offering student scholarships to study in Tasmania
Study Tasmania represents all CRICOS registered education providers in Tasmania across the University, Vocational, School and English Language sectors – each of which has a different student visa code issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC).